1. Find the tricky part of a word and make a cue to remember it
Ex. The ‘e’ in heart may be missed. Cue: He loves art!
2. Analyze the word parts.
Ex. Find a smaller word inside the larger word….geography
Ex. Identify the root word….. admitting.
3. Make up a mnemonic.
Ex. Both apples zoomed across a road...bazaar
Ex. angel .... An angel puts 'gel' in her hair
4. Use visualization or imagery
1. Look at the word carefully.
2. Say the word out loud
3. Close your eyes and imagine or visualize the word.
4. Cover the word and write it on paper and/or in the air.
5. Check the spelling...if it is correct, continue on; if not repeat the steps!