TEST TAKING STRATEGIES
TEST - TAKING STRATEGIES
Before the Test
- Be prepared- Ask what will be on the test so you know what to study. Also, ask what the make-up of test will it be; multiple choice; fill-ins; short response/essay; etc.
- Organize yourself- Gather your study materials-textbooks, notes, worksheets, quizzes, and tests.
- Study- Review the study materials you gathered. Use special strategies to help you remember the material. Strategies include: making charts, diagrams, or other organizers; drawing pictures; saying the material out loud; summarizing the material in writing; and sharing what you’ve learned with someone.
- Get a good night sleep.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
During the Test
- Focus your attention- Listen carefully to the directions, find out how much time you will have to complete the test, and think only of doing your best.
- Read the test carefully- Make sure you understand each question before answering it. Ask questions, even if you are unsure.
- Pace yourself- Answer every question, even if you are unsure.
- Check your work- Review your answers before you turn in the test.
After The Test
- Congratulate yourself for doing your best!!